Suhail Algosaibi, 14 March 2012: Seven secrets of success
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
1. The biggest secret to your success is the way you think.
- Your wealth
- Your education
- Your family name
- Your country
You must have unshakeable belief in yourself.
2. People will criticise you and put you down (before, during & after success)
- People who don’t know you
No critics – no success. Suhail gave examples of vicious attacks on him.
3. Get inspired
- Read biographies & autobiographies of successful entrepreneurs
- Motivational CDs, DVDs, etc.
- Your religion
- Avoid negative media
4. Ask for help: most people say yes
- Ask a successful entrepreneur out to lunch
- Dr Joe Vitale book review
5. You are supposed to make mistakes, get over it
- Failure doesn’t mean the end!!
- Thomas Eddison said, “I know 2000 ways not to make a light bulb”
- Think of a heat-seeking missile. Success is not a straight line.
6. Work backwards, especially your goals
- Write down your goals: only 5% do, but they are more successful than the 95%
- Stephen Covey: Begin with the end in mind
7. Realise life is a marathon, not a sprint: it’s the long run that counts
- We all have 24 hours in each day. Your success depends how you spend your time.
- Look at www.radicalmarketing.com – very important
- Read “Behind the Arches” (McDonalds): great operations and systems
- The E-Myth by Michael Gerber
- Even if you don’t plan to franchise your business, write an Operations Manual. Vital for any business, an Ops Manual is an ongoing work, never finished.
Suhail’s insights are not necessarily unique but his personal experience, passion and determination gave a freshness and energy to the common threads of his contribution to Seven Secrets of Success.
Report by Daniel W. White